Yesterday, after discovering the keys for first and the last letters, along with one in the middle, but first in the keyboard (Q) of the alphabet were not working, I decided to clean up my keyboard for the first time. (A thorough cleaning up, from the inside, was what I meant actually.)
After taking out all the keys, soaking them in soap-water, and rubbing them shiny clean (well, almost, given its old age), and brushing away the insides of the board (that's what a keyboard sans keys would be called, right?), I started putting the keys back onto the board, which taught me a lot about the spatial orientations and the various shapes and sizes of the keys, and towards the end of this process of learning, I discovered that a key was missing from the pile.
It was none other than U.
I started searching frantically for it, as I couldn't imagine how miserable my life would become without U.
To my relief, I did manage to find the key which was hiding under a cloth-piece, but that inspired me to think what would the great lyricists would have sung, had they found themselves in a similar situation.
So, here's a compilation of excerpts from some of the songs written by famous (almost all ;) composers and bands. Enjoy
With apologies to Bieber J.D., The Flys, Vox B. U2, Arnold B., 3 Doors Down, Coldplay, Iglesias E., Incubus, Mead L., The Waterboys, Parton D., Switchfoot, Akon and Pink Floyd
After taking out all the keys, soaking them in soap-water, and rubbing them shiny clean (well, almost, given its old age), and brushing away the insides of the board (that's what a keyboard sans keys would be called, right?), I started putting the keys back onto the board, which taught me a lot about the spatial orientations and the various shapes and sizes of the keys, and towards the end of this process of learning, I discovered that a key was missing from the pile.
It was none other than U.
I started searching frantically for it, as I couldn't imagine how miserable my life would become without U.
To my relief, I did manage to find the key which was hiding under a cloth-piece, but that inspired me to think what would the great lyricists would have sung, had they found themselves in a similar situation.
So, here's a compilation of excerpts from some of the songs written by famous (almost all ;) composers and bands. Enjoy
Here without u baby -Brad Arnold, 3 Doors Down
U have only been gone ten days,
But already I'm wasting away.
I know I'll see u again
Whether far or soon.
But I need u to know that I care,
And I miss u. -Incubus
Where are u now
When I need u the most?
Where are u now
When nothing is going right?
Where are u now
I can't see the light. -Justin Bieber
Where are u now when I need you?
Now when I need u so bad?
When my heat's almost exploding
And this tension drives me mad - The Waterboys
Now I love u more
Than I loved u before
And now where I'll find comfort, God knows
'Cause u left me
Just when I needed u most
U left me
Just when I needed u most -Dolly Parton
Wish u were here - Pink Floyd
There's always something
In the way
There's always something
Getting through
But it's not me
it's u
I hope to lose myself
For good
I hope to find it in the end
Not in me
It's u
It's all I know -Switchfoot
U are everythin' in my life, see the joy u bring
And ain't no one I compare u to
And I know that u will never walk away from me no matter what
And that's why I plan to do the same thing for u
And I want u to know
And I don't care what they say, I'm gonna be with u
I'm gonna be with u, I wanna be with u
And I don't care what they do, I'm gonna be with u
I'm gonna be with u, I'm gonna be with u - Akon
I can’t go on, I just wanna be with u.
And now that u’re gone,
I just wanna be with u.
(Be with u)
And I can’t go on,
I wanna be with u..
(Be with u)
Wanna be with u..
(Now that u’re gone)
Just wanna be with u..
And I can’t go on,
I wanna be with u.
Oh..
Just wanna be with u, just wanna be with u. - Enrique Iglesias
Just then, somebody discovers the lost key..
Each time I’m holding u close,
That’s when I need u the most. -Lee Mead
When you lose something you can't replace
And I will try.. to fix u. -Coldplay
Ooh got u where I want u
Got u where I want u
YEAH -The Flys
With apologies to Bieber J.D., The Flys, Vox B. U2, Arnold B., 3 Doors Down, Coldplay, Iglesias E., Incubus, Mead L., The Waterboys, Parton D., Switchfoot, Akon and Pink Floyd
No comments:
Post a Comment