Finally we are there..
The first decade of the millennium is almost over now.(except for a few days of course!)
And I thought I might not be able to make it, in one-piece!
With so many strange things happening with me yesterday (It is nothing new for me, as the the ol' cronies would agree..) I decided I'd be better off sending this mail well after the new year has turned stale (i.e. after the first 24 hrs have passed already!)
It has been a unique year indeed. (as if that is an exception!) memorable at times, and at times, plainly forgettable. It had given me joy, along with a few tears.. (I'll be using Johnson & Johnsons' from the next year! ;-)
Tragic at times, and at certain places, humorous (Now that is something different from the para above!)
I've learned from this year, the following lessons:
1. You can end up in the worst of situations with the best of intentions.
2. Time, tide and trains wait for none..
3. When you realize that you're going through a 'bad-day at the office', just take an half-day, instead of trying to convert it into a 'good-day'
And the following are the gems that I picked up during these 12 months:
1. Context is as important as the text itself.
2. The only person you can always bank upon is yourself.
3. The only stupid question is the one you fail to ask. (and get yourself in trouble later on!;-)
It is always better to finish things off before they become an albatross in your neck, that's why I'm ending this off right away, rather than mulling over it for another day..
Till then,
hey raghu,
ReplyDeletea good beginning indeed to the new year.
hope to read your blogs about the vagaries of life.
have a happy and productive new year.
Hey Nav...
ReplyDeletegreat to see your comment here, otherwise, I thought I'd be the first one to post a comment on my own blog.
Btw, did anybody notice the blooper right upfront? (2nd line!) I somehow thought this millennium had started from 2001! ;-D
hey i agree with both of the 3 points u've written! cheers to the new yr!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you, sanica.
ReplyDeleteAbout my previous observation about a supposed blooper committed by myself; turns out that it wasn't a blooper at all! The first decade of the millennium would indeed end with 2010, as confirmed by Shiba Desor! (Had to really think hard for the reason, again though, before posting this..;-)
OMG arrey wah b`logging :P
ReplyDelete